About Sandwell Music Education Hub
The Sandwell Music Education Hub is one of 122 Music Education Hubs being supported by DfE funding administered by Arts Council England. SIPS Education, as the hub’s Lead Organisation, is receiving the funding for the project. The running of the hub is managed through SIPS Education’s Music and Arts Service, which has provided music tuition and ensembles to schools and young musicians in the Sandwell area for many years.
Artsmark, is the creative quality standard for schools and education settings, awarded by Arts Council England, recognising their commitment to high quality arts and cultural education.
SIPS Music and Arts Service is proud to be supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring children and young people to create, experience, and participate in great arts and culture.
Our services can support any school, which is working towards, or currently holds an Artsmark Award, by providing dynamic and enriching musical opportunities as part of a broad and balanced arts curriculum:
- High-quality individual, small-group and whole-class music tuition
- Opportunities for children and young people to showcase their musical learning
- Live music experiences
- Bespoke workshops in a variety of genres and styles
- Discounted access to Charanga
- Specialist music CPD for teachers
- Expert consultancy and support
- SIPS Music and Arts Service is an Arts Award centre, and can support your school in delivering Arts Award in your context as well as providing musical opportunities that will help your children and young people achieve their Arts Award.
We aim to support Sandwell schools in their Artsmark journeys, with additional support including:
- Ongoing support, consultancy and school visits throughout the project
- Creating a network of schools going through the Artsmark process together
- Signposting to opportunities within the Sandwell Music Hub and beyond
Find out more about Artsmark at www.artsmark.org.uk
The hub is governed by the board of directors of SIPS Education, and draws on the advice and expertise of a number of partner organisations and individuals involved in music education, some of which work with the Music and Arts Service to support the delivery of activities.